First (Annual?) Poem-Off
Okay, people…quiet down! Let’s have some order here.
Great! Now, let’s get down to business. To bring everyone up to speed, this week I’ve had a poll on the blog listing hypothetical titles. I said I’d write something about the winning title. Lo and behold, late yesterday I was challenged to a poetry throwdown by Travis W. Inman. This challenge has grown, and now anyone who wants to compete can toss your hat in the ring. What’s at stake? Bragging rights…and a batch of homemade brownies. If the winner is out of town, I’ll ship them to that person.
Here are the rules:
– One entry per person
– No limit on size, scope, or form (doesn’t have to rhyme), as long as it’s a poem
– Title is “Circus Surprise”
– Entries due by midnight Tuesday, July 22nd
– Entries will be posted on Wednesday, voting will be by a poll I’ll create…honor system that you vote only once. You can vote for yourself.
– Entries will be posted with no names attached, just labeled something like Poem A, etc.
So get to it and good luck!
P.S. For those of us whose vibrant night life on Fridays is filled with TV, Monk and Psych start again tonight (yay!), and Stargate Atlantis started last Friday.